The Rocky Mountain Music Network is the company I started in order to reach out and embrace those involved in music and radio — specifically, Colorado music and Colorado radio. It has expanded to include other things I do commercially such as emcee events, front-of-house sound, show production, show/stage management, and sending out records to radio on behalf of musicians, who engage me professionally to do that job for them.
I get asked all the time about things like conflict of interest and payola since I am also a radio dj/programmer, reviewer etc … so let me clarify some of those issues here. In the interest of full disclosure, as required under what I believe to be at least the spirit of current federal law, listed below are the titles I’ve sent out/serviced to Colorado radio and press. Not everything I send out gets aired on my show, and not everything I play on my show do I send out/service. Not everything I write a review about is something I’ve serviced, and not everything I service gets a review.
I write reviews when I feel compelled to do so – positive or negative. I put things in my blog posts I believe that my friends in radio around the state should know about – and I do not charge to do that.
I play things on my show I like the sound of within’ the context of my show that day. If I happen to play something I’ve serviced to radio/press, so be it. I do not get paid to write reviews or play anything specific on my show. I do get paid to send records to folks in radio and print media around the state – and sometimes in other states.
The core idea behind my service is to get the music in the hands of those in Colorado radio and press who are potentially connected to their local music scene – concerts, clubs, festivals, etc. There is and should be no expectation of airplay or a review from me or anyone else in that chain. It’s just that simple. If you’re interested in knowing more please email me at email@example.com.
Releases serviced to radio and press in Colorado:
- Aakash Mittal Quartet – Possible Beginnings (jazz, world)
- Bobby Walker – Git It (R&B, Blues)
- Chris Daniels & the Kings – Stealin’ the Covers (blues, r&b, blues-rock)
- Demon Funkies – Punk Junkie (rock, funk)
- Finders and Youngberg – Keep Your Suitcase Packed (americana, country-folk, bluegrass)
- Gription – Last in Line (rock)
- Jennifer Lane – In A Magazine (adult contemporary, r&b)
- Jessica Sonner – All We Need (adult contemporary, pop)
- Kim Jones – Road Dreams (singer/songwriter, adult contemporary)
- Something Underground – We Came to Get Down (rock, funk)
- Xiren – Trip R (alternative adult contemporary rock)
- Aakash Mittal Quartet – Videsh (jazz, world)
- Ash Ganley – Cruel Waters (contemporary americana roots rock)
- Bobby Walker – Way Back When (R&B, rocknroll)
- Chris Daniels & BMaster – We’ll Meet Again (blues, r&b, blues-rock)
- Euforquestra – Soup (world, funk, jazz, rock)
- GT & the Sidewinders – Across America (rock, alt-country-rock)
- Laurie Dameron – I Can’t Wait to See You Again (pop, jazz, adult contemporary)
- Maree McCrae – Urgency (adult contemporary, folk-pop)
- Rob Drabkin – On These Heavy Feet (alternative adult contemporary rock)
- Chris Thompson & Coral Creek – The Road Ahead (rock, jamband)
- Kenny Perkins – Wild Frontier (rock, adult, roots) [March 2010]
- Romano Paoletti – Story of a Lifetime (americana, country, folk)
- Whiskey Blanket – No Object (hip-hop)
- White Water Ramble – All Night Drive (bluegrass, rock)
- Carmen Sandim Sextet – Brand New (jazz) [March 2011]
- Gary Bragg – High Plains Storm (americana, country)
- Kevin Dooley – Moonlight Highway (americana, country-folk)
- Kim Jones – Lucky Girl (singer/songwriter, adult contemporary)
- 3Twins Broadband – Whodunit (roots, americana) [Feb. 2012]
- Chris Daniels – Better Days (americana, country-folk) [June 2012]
- Chris Thompson & Coral Creek String Band – Forty Years (jamgrass) [Sept 2012]
- Kathyrn Mostow – Rich Girl (americana, country-folk, singer-songwriter) [July 2012]
- Katie Glassman – Snapshot (americana, country, gypsy jazz) [April 2012]
- Robert Cline, Jr. – All The Right Reasons (americana) [June 2012]
- Sofie Reed – Simplicity Chased Trouble Away (blues, folk, americana) [August 2012]
- Susannah Thompson – Watch Me Fly (rock, jamband, folk-rock) [Sept 2012]
- Andy Hackbarth – Treadmill Horses (adult contemporary, pop, singer-songwriter) [May 2013]
- Bad Brad & the Fat Cats – Eyes on the Prize (blues) [March 2013]
- Dennis Wanebo – Running On Gravity (pop, adult contemporary crossover) [March 2013]
- Lisa Bell – The Italian Project (pop, adult contemporary crossover) [February 2013]
- Rob Roper – The Other Side of Nowhere (singer-songwriter, pop-folk) [March 2013]
- Rob Roper – Misfit (singer-songwriter, AAA) [March 2011]
- Ryan Chrys – A Lick & A Promise (country, country-rock) [March 2013]
- White Water Ramble – Roots & Groove (bluegrass, jamgrass, rock) [March 2013]
Services Provided To:
- Fort Collins Downtown Business Association: 2007-current. Emcee for Colorado Brewers Festival, 4th of July Concerts, Fortober Fest, Fort Collins Jazz Experience and other DBA events. Talent adviser/assist buyer, Peggy Lyle, in procuring talent for various events. Voice-over talent for DBA radio commercials aired in Northern Colorado.
- CHUN (Capitol Hill United Neighborhoods, Denver) People’s Fair: Steering committee 2011. Entertainment committee 2004-current. Main stage emcee 2004-current. UMX (Ultimate Music Experience) emcee 2004-current.
- Bohemian Nights at New West Fest: 2005-current Talent Advisory Committee, main stage emcee, talent buyer (2009, 2010)
- Carbon Valley Music Festival (Dacono, CO): 2008-current. Producer/emcee/general contractor for music/production
- Oskar Blues Homemade Liquids and Solids – 2010-current. Sound/production, talent adviser.
- Public Radio for the Front Range, Inc. / KRFC – 2010-2011 board of directors
- Colorado Music Business Association (COMA) – 2003-2004 vice president board of directors
Submissions can be made two ways:
1. Send physical cds to:
Rocky Mountain Music Network
The Colorado Sound
1208 Macoy Ct.
Dacono, CO 80514
2. Email or link to hi-res (320kbps or higher) digital files. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s it … hope you come back and hang out and listen to some music.